In today's episode I'll be talking about how done is better than perfect and the three reasons to drop perfectionism and just move forward in your business so that you can reach your goals.
If this is your first time here, my name is Brandy Shaver and I help entrepreneurs grow their businesses organically without being a salesy weirdo.
I am so excited about this episode because this is something I struggled with for a very long time.
When I got started in building my business online, I went to an event and it was right around the time that Facebook lives became a thing. The big leaders on stage at that event were saying that live video was going to be the biggest way to build your audience and grow your business. But that terrified me! I was scared of what I would look like and what I would sound like. I was judging myself so hard and it was really impeding my growth. It was stopping everything from happening.
But I believed what those big leaders on stage were saying. I knew they were right and I wanted to do it, but my fear of not being perfect was stopping me. I would record a video and delete it over and over again. I would pick it apart. Have you ever done this to yourself?? It's one of the top things that stops us from growing. Thinking that we have to be better than we are or that we are not up to par. But you are never going to be where you think you ought to be or as “perfect” as you would like to be. We're human beings and we're going to make mistakes sometimes in whatever we're doing. But here's the thing - No one on the other end knows that was a mistake except you!
So how do you drop the perfectionism and start moving forward to success?
1. Appreciate where you are.
- The only way to get from A to B to get to your goals is to move through the process. And you can only start where you are. I was reminded of this by one of my team members recently. I am very hard on myself and maybe you are too so this reminder was helpful to me. So you start where you are and when you know better you do better. And remember...done is better than perfect!
2. Stop judging yourself
- This perfectionism not only makes you judge yourself but it can also spread to other people and that's not a happy place to be. It's not a place of growth to judge everything. We always want to just be better than we were yesterday. So try to catch yourself when you are judging yourself or others.
3. Whatever you do duplicates
- If you are not building your business, because you don't know what to say, you don't want to go live, or you don't like the way you look or sound or, you know, whatever that it might be, your team is doing the same thing. You are the leader and you stepping up and getting out to perfectionism and being the example of done is better than perfect will help you and your team move forward quicker.
So I want you to remember that when this starts happening to you, when you're like, “Oh my gosh, I don't have my makeup on”, or “I didn't do my hair” or whatever it may be that you think isn't perfect, I just want you to keep telling yourself that done is better than perfect.
I thank the mentor that taught me this. It is really what changed a lot for me in my business because I was just free to be authentically me. And once I showed up authentically, everything changed.
I hope this episode was valuable to you. If so please let me know and share this with somebody that needs to hear this message.
If you need more info on how you can build your business make sure to visit the link below for a free resource.
Have a great rest of your day!
Enter your text here...